Thursday, August 27, 2009

Baking: A cherry mini-pie

When I received my last Williams Sonoma catalogue, I saw these pie molds.



And I thought, how great would those be. A pie is too large... to many leftovers. And with these molds, you wouldn't need a small pie plate.

So I wanted to experiment and see how easy they are to use and how nice does the pie look.



Just using a store bought pie crust, use the outside of the pie mold to cut the pie crust.




Next open the pie mold and place the heart shaped pie crust in the bottom of the mold.


Spoon some pie filling. I used two large tablespoons of cherry pie filling.



Cover with the other pie crust topping.






Fold over mold and crimp the edges. I brushed with an egg wash and sprinkled with sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

The mold came out very cute.




And the perfect size for dessert. Williams Sonoma also sells a star pie mold.




Okay, everyone is invited for pie.... Blueberry, Apple, Cherry, Peach and Blackberry. Your choice.

P.S. I apologize for the pictures... I used my iPhone and they look kind of dark.

12 comments:

  1. How adorable, I've never seen molds like that! The pies themselves look very yummy too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw those molds in the catalog. How neat! I love Williams Sonoma...I always threaten to get a part time job there. Can you imagine?

    I have to tell you that there has never been a regular pie at our house that is too big. We eat them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! Never saw them before. This wouldn't work tho, because our pies need to be big for our HUGE appetites for pies. Chuckle!! TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are just as cute as can be! They make such a darling presentation and really would be fun to have.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pies are so cute!! I saw the molds at Williams Sonoma and wondered if they would really work... Now I know they do :) Think I might have to make a trip to Williams Sonoma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Love the idea. Will check them out for sure.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I have to admit, I have a fear of pie...too complicated to make. But this seems as simple as, well...pie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! A less expensive version would be to cut two pie dough slabs out with a larger-sized cookie cutter, place some filling in the middle and crimp the edges. You might not get quite as much filling, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are adorable!!! They look yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is exactly why I drive RIGHT BY the Williams Sonoma store that is five minutes from my house. We'd all be eatin' pie for dinner.

    But boy, would it be good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lined up the clocks, while visiting with Gail, narrowed it down to 3 & said ... 'you surprise me, Gail'. So I am dying to see what I am buying ... She does wonderful work. TY for popping over. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute, cute! I would love some pie, thank you so much for offering :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia