Thursday, August 06, 2009

Cooking: Chicken Asparagus Crepes

I am always looking for "company" food recipes. Well, hold on ladies, I have a really easy one that looks fancy but takes only 15 to 25 minutes to make, depending if you already have asparagus fixed. .

Start with steamed or roasted asparagus. I used leftover asparagus from a side dish. Set aside.




Next melt butter over medium heat. Saute 1/2 small onion until translucent. Add cream of mushroom and cook for 2 minutes,

Stir in 1/8 c. dry sherry



Add 1/2 c. shredded fontina cheese









Add 1 c. cooked, shredded chicken and cook until cheese is melted.






Add 1/2 cup of cream and 1/2 t. of nutmeg.



Place 2 asparagus spears over chicken mixture. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center 1/3 of each crepe. I use prepared crepes from the market.





Sprinkle a small amount Swiss cheese over each crepe.



Fold edges of crepe over filling, and place, seam side up.




You can make all these crepes ahead and put in a baking dish at 375 degrees for 10 minutes and then serve.

I call this company food because it looks elegant but is very easy to make.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely wonderful! Any company would be so excited to have such a yummy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound wonderful! I plan to try them this week. Thanks for the recipe.

    Kathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psh! Kim.. she had me at CREPE! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not made crepes in a long time. This looks delicious. I will try it. Thanks, Connie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia