Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sewing: A Smocked Dress




One of my New Year's Resolutions was to learn how to smock. My sister kindly allowed my niece to be the first recipient of my smocking. I love the way it turned out.




It was so much fun to pick out a cute pattern, fabric and the color of embroidery thread. My niece is a sweet 8 year old and I hope she likes the colors.



I covered the buttons to match the fabric.




I loved making it... it has a few mistakes but a learning curve requires you to make mistakes. The important thing is you try! Next, I am working on a baby smocked outfit. I am sure there will be mistakes in the next outfit too.





Today, I am guest posting over at Sandy's blog. She is a fantastic hostess, Mom, wife and blogger. I am honored that she asked me to share my garden with her readers. I consider her a friend. Visit her and you will love her as much as I do.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a great goal for this year. It turned out lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little dress is gorgeous! You are so good!

    I'm off to visit 4RE right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden IS beautiful! It's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just blows my find. The most I can "sew" is to make a quilt! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word! I know the little princess will look lovely in it. I am blown away by the process of smocking. You are so incredibly talented -- and I especially love the fabric covered button touch.

    Tuesday Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress takes me back to when my girls were little. I was always buying them little smocked dresses at fancy garage sales. You are so talented, I just saw your AMAZING garden on Sandy's blog! WOW, I'm impressed!!

    Blessings,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you inspire me! Thank you again for guesting over at 4RE today, Cynthia! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the pictures of your garden I viewed on the 4RE blog. Absolutely beautiful. Sweet smocked dress too! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia