Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sewing: Window Treatments

One of the things I love in any home is window treatments. The luxurious look that fabric can bring to any home. Fabric can transform any home from a plain Jane.

As a novice seamstress, I learned how to sew by making curtains in every home we live in. And this home is no different. I sewed and lined all the window treatments.


The kitchen





Another view


The dining room:





A closer look



The basement



now my office


The living room:

My bedroom; This room is too dark and we are going to totally re-do this room this fall.







Sewing curtains is an easy process. First measure the windows carefully. Secondly, all the seams are straight lines. I will be making new curtains for my bedroom and will show you the process, soon.

10 comments:

  1. Oh I had forgotten about that gorgeous border in your dining room! I just love that room. Great job on the window treatments. Do you know how much money you are saving? Wow! Target has a sewing machine on sale this week and I thought about buying it. I think even I could handle those straight lines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspiring me to get busy. I have had fabric for 5 yrs in my closet for living room window treatments guess it's time to do something with it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the dog follows you around in the pictures.
    Mine does that too:)

    And beautiful window treatments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo impressed. When I was a young wife I had the nerve and ambition to tackle window treatments but now I just don't. I love what you have done in each room and appreciate your inspiration. Will be looking forward to our lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I made curtains for my kitchen out of a large white and red checkered picnic throw. It was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure you're a novice? I bought a sewing machine with every intention of making something...anything. Well, what's that saying about good intentions? All your curtains are gorgeous! I'm so impressed! Maybe there's hope for me yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the only person in the world that can make sewing look hard .. chuckle! Beautiful home & decor. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cynthia,
    Your windows look great! The hardest thing about curtains is working with such large amounts of fabric!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool blog! Love sewing and cooking posts! I just started a blog recently omn crafts, sewing, handmade as well as on health, travel and nutrition :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia