Monday, August 17, 2009

Yard Sales: A painted wicker chair

I am joining Rhoda at Southern Hospitality today. She finds some amazing deals and I found one to share.

My fabulous friend, Mary, has some beautiful Adirondack chairs that she painted in wonderful colors. However, I was not about to spend several hundred dollars for chairs to watch the dogs and that sit out in the rain.

So I found this wicker rocker for $3.00




And wanted to paint it... so before I came home from yardsales, stopped at hardware store to get two cans of brown spray paint.



I love the detail of the chair.




Almost done.


Now it sits with my other yard sale find at $5. I did not have to paint this chair. So two chairs for $8, outdoor cushions for $1 at a yard sale and two cans of spray paint.


Oh and here is our view when we sit in them.



And here is what we watch.... it happens every day.

The dogs run like the dickens.... and my youngest Old English Sheepdog is always first.




He holds a meeting with all the dogs while watching for people to guard against...




Mr. Darcy chews a stick.


And my boy, Chaucer, looks fabulous.


15 comments:

  1. You need one more chair for me! I'll bring the ice tea for us and treats for your adorable dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you didn't find much this week, but it's quality, not quantity - and that chair was a great deal! It looks so nice next to your other one. And I just have to say how adorable your dogs are! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look just great! Wish I had one.... and the view :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice find! They look really great.
    Very cute dogs! :)

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! U rock! And I was just thinkin' why can't I find any good used patio furniture around?....

    Yesterday while coming home from Mass I saw this cute dresser on the side of the road. While Leo was looking for a place to make a u-turn I already had the paint color picked out in my mind.

    By the time we got back to check out the dresser there was already someone there! I kinda wanted to take her down for it, but since we were on our way back from church and all, I figured I'd be nice. I mean, first come-first served, right!

    But I'm always looking for curbies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good deal indeed. I love going on a yard sale treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look awesome. Cutie patootie dogs.

    Come for a visit.
    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love me some wicker and your chair is great! Love your spray paint transformation *smiles* And your furbabies are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so hope I can find some like the square topped one. They want so much at Target for resin ones. Great Find! :)Dina

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks exactly like the wicker rocker I rocked all my babies in-- I wouldn't trade mine for a million dollars! Your dogs are beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wicker, and you definitely found a bargain in that chair. Nice transformation to the brown...
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Wicker rocking chairs - we have 3 on our front porch and they're so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the chair! I passed up one for $2 and I could kick myself.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia