Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baking: Pumpkin Bread

Oh the first days of fall make me want to bake bread, pies and muffins, slow cook Pot Roast, make piles of Chili, Beef Stew, and Vegetable Soup. So I decide to bake my favorite bread, Pumpkin Bread.


This recipe is a University of Tennessee Signature Recipe:

3 c. sugar
2 c pumpkin



1 c. oil




4 eggs

Stir these ingredients together until well mixed.

Next the spices:

1 1/3 t. cloves
1 1/3 t. nutmeg
1 1/3 t. allspice
1 1/2 t. cinnamon




Next add 3 1/2 c. flour, 1 and 1/2 t. baking powder and 2 t baking soda.


Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Next add 1 t. vanilla and 2/3 c. water. I hand mix this bread as not to over mix. Quick breads, like muffins, need very little mixing.

Pour into either 4 large bread pans or like I did, 2 large bread pans and 4 small bread pans, that have been greased and floured. I wanted to share fall with a couple of neighbors and some of the workers at church.



Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.



This bread is lovely and makes me want some apple cider and it was delicious with the Mushroom Bacon Frittata.




Whip out a can of Pumpkin and make this bread for breakfast this weekend!!! It takes no time to put together and makes you feel like fall....

5 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely wonderful. Those would make the sweetest little gifts for neighbors. Thanks for the good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good -- and so easy. I can do that.

    And it's weird even thinking about fall here since it's still so warm. I just forced myself to remove tank-tops from Molly's drawers, thinking "come on -- it's the first day of fall!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. You just threw a big craving on me!!

    Happy fall!!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on this recipe!! The pictures are making me drool a little. :)

    I am gonna have to try this one.

    Like, seriously. I'm gonna do it. You motivated me!!

    Blessings!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia