Saturday, September 12, 2009

Confession: I want a boat but you won't get me in the water!

We went a friend's lake house for Labor Day. I love spending time with our friends so I am usually perfectly happy to spend the day at their house.

But everyone was going on their pontoon boat and I agreed to go on the boat also.... However, I hate the LAKE!!!

Fish live in the lake.



Fish can jump out of the lake and bite me.



If the boat sinks, I might be eaten by a fish!



That being said, I had the best time on the boat!!!

And so did everyone else.

My daughter's boyfriend, my son and hubby had fun.


My daughter, her boyfriend and her friend had fun.



Channeling the Go-Go Girls



My husband and son had fun.



And no one was eaten nor did we sink. In fact, I had so much fun that now I want a boat!!! Do you think I can get this in the lake?

8 comments:

  1. I'm all for you getting that boat! Can I have my own state room? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that's a BIG FISH!!! Bet he could eat us all up in one bite:0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something tells me that boat won't fit on the lake, but I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those fish REALLY from the lake you were at on Labor Day?!? Unreal!

    I'm the same way. I love boating, but DO NOT like lake water. There is no telling what is in that water. I guarantee you...if I knew there were fish THAT size in the water I was skiing on, I would NOT be skiing!!!!

    Looks like it was a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh you are hilarious!! I fell the EXACT same way!!! Seriously... the fish can grow to be huge!!! Of course they would see fat yummy me falling into the water and know that it was going to be the best meal they ever had and ATTACK!

    I still wonder why anyone goes into the ocean any deeper then mid thigh. You can still run out if only at mid thing. Any further, and you are probably going to get eaten.

    I'm just saying.

    Great blog!!

    I'm off to find that 'follow' button so I can, ya know, follow you!

    God bless!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lord Cynthia, You cracked me up!!! LOL LOL :) When you get the new "boat" let me know...I'll make my reservations!!

    Hope you have a fun weekend!! Go Vols... ;) Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. FUNNY! I love boats and lakes! The fish will share their water! I really missed boating and waterskiing this summer! The lakes were so low because of the drought!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, that 2nd fish really skeezed me out. I'm just sayin'.

    I am totally with you on the boat thing -- I love, love, love Leo's parent's boats, but I like to ride IN them, not BEHIND them!

    Looks like G and the kiddos had a great time!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia