Thursday, September 03, 2009

Cooking: Chicken Parmesan


I adore Chicken Parmesan and wanted to share with you this delicious dish.

First, I whack... a good cooking term, the heck out of the chicken breast to make it flat. Actually, this procedure tenderizes the chicken and by flattening the breast, it cooks evenly and quickly.


Take the chicken breast and dip in two eggs that were beaten.



Then dip the chicken breast in bread crumbs. I used Italian bread crumbs.




Next, I let the chicken breast rest for five minutes. This step seems to help the bread crumbs create a crust.



Saute the breasts in olive oil and a small amount of butter. Approximately 5 minutes per side. Set on baking sheet.




I made five chicken breast but will only make three breasts Chicken Parmesan and save two for another dinner. Top the breasts with spaghetti sauce.


And mozzarella cheese. Be generous!!!!

Bake until cheese melts, approximately 15 minutes



Yummy!!! While the chicken bakes, I threw some pasta in and tossed with pesto.




Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. We love this dish. I always fry my cutlets in a little oil and do more than I need for future use. I fry them all up and them wrap them individually in foil and throw in a plastic bag in the freezer. It's a quick way to fix dinner on a hectic day. AND this is what we're having tonight! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We'll be trying this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! That looks so easy! I think I could even make that.

    And I'm pretty sure I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm putting this on the menu next week! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I am going to try this!!! I just love Chicken Parmesan!!!! Thanks for the recipe! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH I am going to try this!!! I just love Chicken Parmesan!!!! Thanks for the recipe! Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia