Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cooking: Lasagna Rolls

Oh today is one of my favorite recipes.



I love lasagna. However, if I make a pan of lasagna, half of the lasagna would be left over and after a lunch or two, no one would want any more leftovers. So I found a creative solution to this problem.

1. Boil the lasagna noodles for 10 minutes until al dente. Drain.

2. Mix a large container of Ricotta cheese, 1 egg, 2 cups of shredded mozzarella and 1/2 c. of Parmesan in a small bowl.




3. Lay out a lasagna noodle on a flat surface. Spoon 3 to 4 Tablespoons of the Ricotta mixture along the entire noodle.




4. Roll the lasagna noodle and tuck under the end of the noodle.






5. At this point, the lasagna rolls can be individually frozen or lined up in a pan and baked. I bake half of the rolls.





6. Top with sauce and other half of the Mozzarella cheese.



7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.





Yummy... and you can have lasagna for one or four in short order with these rolls in your freezer.


9 comments:

  1. Now that is something I can do! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from SITS and glad I did! I've been wanting this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! It looks pretty on the plate too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea.
    Thanks for coming by Its So Very Cheri. I hope you will come by often, leave lots of comments and become a follower and I will do the same.

    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY! Those look delicious and sound very easy to do. You certainly ARE an accomplished woman.
    I went to see Julie and Julia yesterday and so now I am all fired up to cook, cook, cook!..yes! Yes I am! :)
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so yours looked to be a meatless variation -- another great Lenten Friday meal idea! :)

    As always, all your meals look delish!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so good. The garlic bread looks awesome too. Did you make that? Do you have a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy! that looks so good. thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia