Monday, September 21, 2009

Decorating: Bedroom Paint reveal, Part 1

So here is my before picture:

I painted this bedroom in 2003. Although we had always had floral bedrooms, I wanted a more "sophisticated" i.e. less girly bedroom. Fast forward 6 years later, I was tired of the color and felt depressed in the winter because it was always so dark.



So taking the picture from my mother's house that as inspiration, I decided to make some major changes in the bedroom.

First paint the bedroom.




Don't get too attached to anything in this room. I borrowed the guest bedroom comforter and replaced the guest bedroom with my older comforter set. This comforter will get a fabulous new duvet cover and matching pillows.



The drapes I made covered up the most fantastic part of this bedroom, the view to the outside.



So for now, I am using sheers.



Also, this dresser is a little big and dark in the room now... but I am thinking of what to do with it.

All in all, even with the black pieces and darker furniture, the room is feels lighter and airier.

Next.... Layering with Fabric





9 comments:

  1. I love the wall color and the painting! I'm confused about the bed but I really like the floral pillows. Is that going back to the guest room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! We just recently took down our lace curtains in our bedroom and hung up drapes that I can push open every morning and enjoy the beautiful view! Your room looks very relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I like the sheers...I can't live without my light from the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bedroom! I am so partial to dainty blues and whites!
    and I also love me some white sheers!
    They are all over my house.
    They let the sweet sunlight in while not quite leaving your windows naked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... you have such a great eye. Your taste is perfect!

    Great job!

    God bless-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and I have the exact same painting. I love it. I was unable to connect the link to the photo I have of it hanging in my foyer. So, I've sent you an email. There is just something about that painting that you just "have" to own it and work with it. It makes the room!

    Melissa in New England.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohhh, Love what you have done. I'll stay tuned.


    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a huge difference that made!! The room looks MUCH lighter now!

    I love the green color, but agree that it would be a bit dark.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think this project would be perfect for the Repair-Home.com “Share Your Project” home renovation contest.

    You can win up to $2,700 just by uploading your project description and the before and after photos you’ve already taken. We really hope you’ll consider submitting your project!

    Check it out here: http://www.repair-home.com/project/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia