Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Decorating: A bedroom remodel Part 1

When you start a new project, it is important to think very carefully through every aspect of the project. If you remember, this picture was my inspiration for the bedroom remodel.




And I got out my trusty Sherwin Williams paint chips. Do you all have one of these? They are $9.99 and well worth every penny.




If you have problem making decisions about color, you can save yourself trips to the paint store to check other chips. It also makes it easy to match fabric to colors you like.



So we matched the first color to the skirt in the picture. I loved it but thought it might be too light.

SW Window Pane
So I bought a gallon on sale and tested it. As I suspected, too light. A side note: I love, love Sherwin Williams but two things;

1. They should sell paint samples. I knew I could use this paint so it was not a waste but it is convenient to buy samples.

2. Please Sherwin Williams make paint with primer in it. It is sad for me to either choose the Behr's paint with primer or prime my walls.




So the next color down on the color card was

SW Rainwashed


The color is a little more green than it shows here.... but I took the paint chip to my local fabric store.

Fabric for curtains and dust ruffle


Fabric for my nightstand 30 inch round table.


Fabric for chair.


I have fabric for the headboard but it turned out too brown in the camera.

We are painting this weekend and will start sewing next week. Very exciting.

16 comments:

  1. I love my SW paint chip book, too! My husband thinks I'm crazy - I have that thing out a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the painting! Can't wait to see the completed room.

    I'm in love with your sunflower creation! How beautiful that must have looked on the table!!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be beautiful! I just recently redid my bedroom and I went with brown and light blue. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I can't wait to see your results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your room is going to turn out just beautiful! Your painting is the perfect starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. our Sherwin Williams sells paint samples in satin. They are about 30oz for $5. They have saved me a lot of money over time.

    Your paint and colors look beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Home Depot gave me the Behr paint Chips. I refer to them a lot! I may have to pick up Sherwin Williams' chips too.
    The room will look spectacular when you are done! I love the fabrics and the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be lost without all of the paint decks I have!
    Our Sherwin Williams does sell samples. You might check back with yours. Maybe they are a bit behind.
    Can't wait to see your finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to buy an SW Paint chip book. I must have 100 loose chips and they are just not workable. Love the painting and your color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see your bedroom when you finish...I hope you will share it with us!
    OH NO....this saturday (Gators vs Vols) we have to be rivals for a few hours...LOL!
    :) Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I can't wait to see the finished paint!

    And the fabric choices -- tres chic! It's going to look beautiful. You, my dear, have a gift!

    And I'm glad you took the day off yesterday -- #1) so we could gab and #2) you got your fabric selected!

    Wednesday HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It will be beautiful. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh - I Just NEED you to live closer.

    BTW - I did my pom pom post giving you my inspirational credit, of course. :) I love how they turned out....thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popped over for a quick visit. WIll look forward to the completion pics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excited to see the result! The painting is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful painting for inspiration. Can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia