Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Sewing: Modelling the Smocked Dress




Remember my first smocking project? Well, my sister was kind enough to send pictures of the best model ever!!!

She can really work a room!!





An up close picture!



My dress turned out pretty but it is so much prettier on my little niece. By the way, the dress qA a little big, even though I used the appropriate size for the measurements. Oh well, she can wear it next summer too. By then, I hope to be an expert in smocking!!


6 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful work! I wish I still had a little girl (she is 10 now) who wore dresses so I could commission you to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling dress, darling model, what a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia, gosh, it looks so beautiful on her! And yes, you planned it perfectly, she can wear it again next summer. Although I really don't think it looks too big on her, so way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress and your niece are adorable. I bet she just loves it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous little dress and a gorgeous little model too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't she a cutie modeling your exquisite creation. Beautiful!

    Have a great weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia