Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blogging: Sitscation

Oh my goodness, I had the most wonderful time with the ladies of Sits!!! Tiffany and Heather are the best.

Those girls know how to have a good time. Blogging conferences are a wonderful time to get to know the faces behind some of your favorite blogs.

Unfortunately, I was the party pooper as Las Vegas time and I do not mix.

But what a great group of bloggers

And what a fabulous roommate. Look at her lovely shoes..... I want some!



I had a great time, a fantastic room



And learned so much.

1. Blogging should be a positive place with loving support for one another. The internet can be a cold harsh place. Anyone who received negative comments knows that truth. The fabulous Sugar Jones.




2. We should be supportive of each other, a celebration of women. Laurie Turk of Tip Junkie


3. The blog world is like the "Wild, Wild West"!!! Allison Worthington of Blissfully Domestic




4. I am going to give vlogging a try.



5. Twitter is not a waste of time. Apparently, I am totally missing out on a wonderful group of ladies.


6. Comment, comment, comment. I am terrible at comments because, as you all know, I am busy working on projects. I promise to comment more often.

7. Build a community around me, Renee Ross.






8. We are all at on the edge and working to figure out this blogging thing.



9. I am apparently the only blogger attendee at the conference that has blogs planned ahead of time. Does that make me a freak? Okay, you girls know that I am a planner.... how could I not have blogs planned. If I am a freak, I promise that I will try to be okay with it.

16 comments:

  1. You are absolutely NOT a freak. You do have an enjoyable, inspirational, amazing blog! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were going to that!? Probably just missed it one day. How fun!

    Um, no you are not a freak...just organized. I get the feeling you are not blogging all day like I do sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl - tons of bloggers have posts planned ahead of time (except me :).
    Most of my friends have 1-2 weeks thought out, so you are doing it right.
    Now, you went to this, that doesn't mean your missing Blissdom, does it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just blog hopping from the SITS roll call. Sounds like you girls had a great time and shared lots of great ideas. Glad y'all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Blog! I agree. Women need to be more supportive. We ladies need to stick together. Harsh comments aren't needed. I'm a snot at times but really go all out to make other women feel important because we all deserve it. I still don't get the whole twitter thing, I tried it and it gets me boggled. Maybe I'll give it another shot! Good Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could be a freak LIKE YOU! Would that I could ever organize anything accept a birthday party! It was a joy to meet you at SITS and FYI I was in bed nightly by 11:30 myself... yeah that's how I roll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol! I *WANT* to have blogs planned in advance (at least I *aspire* to!)

    So.. hm, I admire you? ;)

    Looks like everyone had such a fab time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, sweet Cynthia, thank you SO much for the awesome comments! I hope you go back to Blissdom in Feb. & we get to visit more. I am going to get out & meet more people next time. And no, you're not a freak, all my posts are scheduled & done ahead of time. I'd never get anything done if I didn't do them as they happen & save them for later.

    Glad you had fun, I wouldn't have been at home in Vegas either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like you had a good time...and learned alot...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wasn't it just a fabulous time? Can't wait to see a vlog post from you and enjoyed meeting you immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a wonderful conference!

    I've been vlogging for a couple months because of Jen Hinton. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think life would be easier if I were a freak like you ;) Such a great weekend! You should definitely vlog with us on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a freak that we all aspire to be. Freaky good. ;0)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool! Glad you had fun and learned a lot. What is vlogging?
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you enjoyed yourself, it was so great to meet you- you had so much to add to the conversation!

    I think posting ahead of time is brilliant- I just need to get off my butt and do it...

    I'll be at Blissdom- hope to see you there!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia