Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cooking: A Halloween Menu

Our big Halloween open house is Saturday from 5 to the witching hour. I am excited to see the little kids and love the costumes. I have stocked up on candy!!!

Here is our menu:

Chili


Source: McCormicks

2 lbs of ground beef
3 cloves garlic
1 medium sized onion.
2 cans of dark kidney beans,
2 large cans of stewed tomatoes
1 can of Rotele tomatoes with peppers
4 T. Chili powder
1 can of blacked beans
6 oz. frozen corn

Saute onions, 4 to 5 minutes until translucent, add ground beef and cook thoroughly. Drain thoroughly. Place in large pot and reduce to simmer. Add garlic, kidney beans, tomatoes and chili powder. Cook uncovered for about 2 hours. Then I add, black beans and corn. Continue cooking for 30 minutes.

Add your favorite toppings: cheddar cheese, chives, sour cream, and/or fritos.

Delicious!!!

Spooky Mummy Dogs

Source: Pillsbury


Spooky Dip with tortilla chips

1 pound of Velveeta Cheese
1 can of Rotelle tomatoes

Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip with Veggies

1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. sour cream
1 pkg of ranch dressing
1 1/2 c. Cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 c. bacon, cooked and crumbled.


Whisk first three ingredients and gently fold in cheese and bacon. Chill for at least two hours.

And for dessert:

Sugar Cookies



Caramel Apples


Source: eHow.com

Cupcakes



Source: Cupcakes Take the Cake


Should be lots of fun... Remember all my blogging friends are invited!

7 comments:

  1. I love chili! yummmmmmm The apples made my mouth water! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun menu :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun...my husband made turkey chili on sunday....it is really yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those spooky mummy dogs are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMM...caramel apples. My favorite. Cute dogs, BTW ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY!!! all my favorites for halloween. I like the mummy dogs and all the different cupcakes.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Cynthia, I miss out a day and look at all you've been up to! :)

    UR AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia