Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cooking: Reuben Sandwiches


We love Reubens. It is a favorite sandwich dinner…. one I learned to make in 7th grade Home Economics class.

Take four slices of rye bread for two sandwiches and butter.



Mix equal parts of ketchup and mayonnaise.



Heat skillet to medium heat.


Place buttered bread with skillet.



Spread on the opposite of the buttered bread.



All the ingredients ready for the sandwich.




Top with three thinly sliced pieces of turkey pastrami.




Add 2 T. of sauerkraut, well drained.




Top with slice of Alpine Swiss cheese





Mayonnaise mixture.




And another slice of bread.



Heat until bottom bread grilled. Flip to other side.

Heat an additional ,,,




Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. That looks so good!!! I remember my home economics class and learning to cook pancakes. My son has this class now and loves it as much as I did! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely bookmarking this recipe! Unfortunately I'll only be able to make it when I don't have the boyfriend over for dinner...the only food he can't stomach is sauerkraut. Too bad it's a favorite of mine!

    Visiting you from SITS--have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! this looks awesome. can't wait to make them tomorrow night!

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks so tasty. Its making me hungry!

    visitng from sits

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia