Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas Organization Part 7: Charitable Giving

This time of year admit all the rushing, shushing, shopping, carolling and egg nogging; I try to get the family to find one charity that we can donate some time and money to throughout the year. I try to get the family to discuss the idea over Thanksgiving since we have so much to be thankful for.

Here are my ideas for this year:

1. The angel tree


A wonderful and easy charity that children request items and some angels put the request on a Christmas tree and people can pull the request off and fulfill the request.

2. Toys for Tots:



Another fantastic charity that allows the family to visit Toys R Us... my kids are too old for me to to buy toys any more so I could always use a Toys R Us fix.

3. Salvation Army ringing the bell:



My lovely daughter did this for two hours the other night already. Another wonderful charity that raises money for the Salvation Army. Warning.. her ears rang for an additional two hours but still worth the effort for such a wonderful cause.

4 comments:

  1. We adopt a local family and give food and gifts to them during these rough times. All three organizations that you mentioned are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been blessed with the chance to ring the bell before, we froze, but the momories for my daughter were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our family has participated in the Angel Tree and the shoebox gifts a number of times. :o) Today and tomorrow my daughter is volunteering for Red Cross.
    We should never forget those less fortunate or in a time of need. :o)
    Hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids and I just picked out stuff from my store (yay discount -- I can buy MORE!) and we're doing Angel Tree. It's wonderful to get the kids involved -- and it's never to early to teach your kids the lesson of generosity and Christian charity.

    Lots of tough times out there, lots of opportunity to do even the smallest things to make a BIG difference!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia