Oh my goodness... I am so in love with these meatballs. I could eat them every day but won't... They are lovely
Place the ground meat, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, salt, pepper, nutmeg, egg, and 3/4 cup warm water in a bowl.
Combine thoroughly, use your hands. Hey, it is Italian Meatballs... Imagine yourself in Italy as you mix the meatballs. Lightly form the mixture into 2-inch meatballs. I use an ice-cream scooper.
You will have 24 to 26 meatballs. Place on cookie sheet.
Broil in oven for 7 to 8 minutes.
Remove from cookie sheet and gently nestle in pot filled with spaghetti sauce. Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
Put sauce and meatballs over spaghetti and top with Parmesan cheese.
Oh you will love them, they are tender and flavorful. You can make them with ground turkey.
- 2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 extra-large egg, beaten