Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cooking: Italian Meatballs


Oh my goodness... I am so in love with these meatballs. I could eat them every day but won't... They are lovely

Place the ground meat, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, salt, pepper, nutmeg, egg, and 3/4 cup warm water in a bowl.



Combine thoroughly, use your hands. Hey, it is Italian Meatballs... Imagine yourself in Italy as you mix the meatballs. Lightly form the mixture into 2-inch meatballs. I use an ice-cream scooper.



You will have 24 to 26 meatballs. Place on cookie sheet.



Broil in oven for 7 to 8 minutes.



Remove from cookie sheet and gently nestle in pot filled with spaghetti sauce. Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.



Put sauce and meatballs over spaghetti and top with Parmesan cheese.



Oh you will love them, they are tender and flavorful. You can make them with ground turkey.

Italian Meatballs

Ingredients

  • 2 pound ground beef
  • 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 extra-large egg, beaten

5 comments:

  1. Yummy...glad you can't gain weight just looking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful - we love meatballs. I don't use nutmeg in mine. I bet that's a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...this looks sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys would LOVE these....I'll give them a try soon! :)

    Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great recipe! Thanks-
    They could even be an appetizer with a different sauce, right?

    Enjoyed visiting,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia