Monday, November 23, 2009

Crafting: Fall Leaf Napkin Ring



Of course, I have more guests coming than napkin rings. But I found this really adorable picture on a blog... and of course, I cannot remember where I saw it to give them credit.

and thought it would be fun to make some felt leaf napkin ring.

So I started with some very inexpensive felt and pipe cleaners.


I traced out and cut out bunches of leaves.


I sewed some veins on a few of the leaves but you can leave this step off.



Twist the pipe cleaner in half twice.




Layer three or four leaves on a surface.



Scrunch up the leaves near the stem end of the bunch, place in the pipe cleaner. And twist the pipe cleaner around the end of the bunch.




Now wrap the ends of the pipe cleaners around the napkin ring


Fan out the leaves a little.




And slide your napkin in the ring. Voila.



The total cost of the napkin rings was 2.10. It is a great project for the kids and may have them help with setting the table.

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! Love how they turned out. I'm sure they're going to look beautiful on your table. I hope you'll be posting pictures of everything. You always do such a great job, I'd love to see this holiday table setting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out adorable. Felt is the perfect texture for that project too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love that idea. May be I can get over to Hobby Lobby and have the kids made some before Thursday! :)

    Monday Hugs!

    And yep, I 2nd Walking on Sunshine -- you must take lots and lots of pictures -- I know you will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soooo good, Miss Cynthia!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family...
    Lisa
    coastal nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia,
    How cute!
    I hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia