Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gardening: Lavender Water

With guests coming for Thanksgiving, I wanted to share an idea to make your guest room smell special.


You all remember my garden last summer:


Well, I harvested the dried lavender



And made some lavender water to spritz on the guest bedroom sheets and towels.



I found this bottle at Target for $3.48. I wish I had bought three or four of them for gifts.



Filled the sprayer and gave the guest bedroom a spritz or two on the pillows and sheets. I try to spray it on early in the week, in case, my guests are sensitive to perfume.


What are you doing special for your guests?


Lavender Water

Mason Jar
Lavender Buds
Vodka

Directions:

  • Fill the glass jar with lavender and cover completely with vodka. Seal jar.
  • Place the jar in a sunny location for about 18 days, rotate and shake the jar each day–morning and night.
  • After 18 days, strain the lavender from the vodka and seal the liquid in a clean glass jar.
  • Use as needed.



5 comments:

  1. what a nice idea...love lavender...cool bottle..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The special thing that I am doing for our guests is cooking, cooking, and some more cooking. That about sums up my life for the next two weeks!! Have a great day.
    grace and peace,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are just hoping to get the guest bedroom finished by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of lavender water, and its seems so easy to make.
    I'm hoping to have the guest room uncluttered by the time my Dad shows at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should bring that for PW -- except she probably couldn't bring it on the plane? May be some dried lavendar, the bottle and the recipe?

    I need you to come to my house to spritz my pillowcases, thankyouverymuch!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia