Friday, November 13, 2009

Organization: Christmas Planning Part 5

The holiday season is almost upon us. We are working hard to get Christmas organized this year in order to spend the month of December really enjoying the season. As busy as we all are, it is hard to get focused on Christmas but I seriously want to enjoy this Christmas without all the stress I normally have. If you are behind, don’t worry. Make your list, get out your calendar and start working the list.

So here is where we are to date:

1. Christmas cards and pictures are done. I do not write a family letter but try to write a personal note to everyone. To be honest, I have gone back and forth on the idea of a family letter. I enjoy getting them but don’t like writing them. The cards are addressed and stamped. Waiting to beat Mary at her own game….

2. Thanksgiving Menu: The house is decorated for Thanksgiving, the guest bedroom is ready and here is the menu.

IMG_1366

  • Turkey
  • Stuffing with Mushrooms, Sausage and Cranberries
  • Twice Baked Potatoes
  • Broccoli Cheese Casserole
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Peas
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Green Salad
  • Rolls
  • Pecan Pie
  • Cheesecake
  • Sugar Cookies

I know it is typical Thanksgiving Menu but I only make some of these things once a year goodness gracious… I want my regular menu.

3. Christmas Open House – December 24th from 7 to 10 P.M. The menu is made, I will post that at a later date. But I have been working on the invitations and they are almost done.

brandy-pudding-ck-222490-l

4. Decorate House – tomorrow I am pulling out all the decorations, cleaning them and making sure I have everything I need. Yes, this is messy but when isn’t it messy? Find a staging area and you will be on top of the game.

5. New lighting plan for the house – I have a lighting plan for the house and checked my supplies. The potting shed will be filled with lights and garland in the next week to get ready for lights on weekend of November 28th.

6. Gifts for friends and family – the list is finished and I have all my gifts for friends purchased but will have to finish family in the next week. We are on budget. However, the travel plans we were going to give our children and ourselves has been more expensive… so we are trying to decide what to do.

7. Gift baskets – I have developed the list and what I am making. Still working on what to package them in and may tweak the list of goodies we are making.

8. Christmas day menu – As opposed to Thankgiving, I love to change up the Christmas day menu. We are having Crown Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding. I have the whole menu made for the day; breakfast and dinner. The grocery list for the menu is made and in my Christmas prep book.

663237689_4MbAn-M

9. Gingerbread house – this is a huge week… design, bake and putting the house together by the 20th of November. I have purchased the candy and am working on my design. You will all get to see the house soon… Wish me luck

My pictures today remind me… the holidays are more than food. Working this hard in November is a way to spend more time with the people you love. You are not behind… start where ever you are.

4 comments:

  1. You amaze me! I have picked up a few gifts for friends and feel good about that. Bought my Christmas cards last year for half price but haven't done anything with them yet. OK OK I'm going to get started. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas? You mean Christmas is coming? Oh crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAN ME! I am exhausted! Oh, oops! It's you doing all this work ... chuckle!

    If you haven't entered our giveaway, go to my Nov. 10th post. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING your Christmas planning posts. I'll be linking if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia