Friday, November 20, 2009

Organization: Christmas Planning Part 6

Decorate House – tomorrow I am pulling out all the decorations, wiping everything down and checking my supplies. Yes, this is messy but when isn’t it messy? Find a staging area out of sight from your Thanksgiving guests and you will be on top of the game.  Tomorrow, we are setting up the tree and putting on the lights. No ornaments yet… not before Thanksgiving. But it will be ready for everyone to deck it out.

Christmas Exterior Lights – I have a lighting plan for the house and checked my supplies. The potting shed will be filled with lights and garland in the next week to get ready for lights on weekend of November 28th.

Last year, I purchased the supplies for the house at Target for 75 percent off. The garland was unlighted but hey, it was only $2.50 for a nine foot strand. I will have to add the lights to the garland and run along the fence and over the windows. Sadly, I do not have a picture of the fence to show you.

Funny enough Pottery Barn had the same idea… img65m

I also bought extra wreaths for the fence gates and plenty of ornaments for the wreathes and garland.

At the end of the summer I bought these lanterns at Wal-mart for $5 each. They will be pulled of their chains, decked out with ribbons and put out front on the steps… like PB.

IMG_5474 copy

Gingerbread House:

It has been baked. Today and tomorrow, I am decorating the house.. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. you are so organized...great ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ideas for the garland and that you were able to get them last year at such a great discount! I have no clue what we're gong to do for the outside of our house. We usually put garland and lights up on the front porch railing. We will get the tree up next weekend as well! Hope you post pictures of your gingerbread house. I'm sure it's going to be beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia