Friday, December 18, 2009

Baking: Brownie Pops

I am always looking for new ideas. Don’t get me wrong, I love the tried and true recipes. Those traditional recipes are part of the holiday for me and my family. But when I saw these in Williams Sonoma
img94m
I thought… I could make those brownie pops.
And did you know that Wilton sells brownie pop pans? No, I didn’t know either.
resize
So I whipped out my JoAnne’s coupons and bought two of these pans.
  1. Make brownie mix.
  2. Fill the pan 2/3 full.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, check at 25 minutes to make sure they are fully cooked.
  4. Once cooled, remove from pan.
  5. Trim any excess brownie
  6. Insert cookie stick
  7. Melt white chocolate, I thinned the chocolate a little with shortening.

Dip in chocolate


8. With a food pen, add eyes, mouth and nose.



9. Package for my gift baskets.





    I think they turned out very cute. Give them a try, they were easy and look fantastic. Just a side note, Williams Sonoma sells six of them for $29.95. SERIOUSLY!!!

    7 comments:

    1. ADORABLE!!!

      And do people really pay 29.99? They must because WS continues to charge outrageous prices for stuff we can all make. Is their name really worth it? I think not!

      Happy Friday! Can't believe it's Friday already...only one week left...not a present wrapped...not a cookie baked...not a card addressed. Time to kick it in to high gear. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh those are so cute! What fun gifts. :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love, love, love your website. Adorable! I'll be posting a link on my site. Happy to have stumbled across you today.

      Susan at Charm of the Carolines

      ReplyDelete
    4. I bet you could sell yours for double...very cute!!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love Williams Sonoma. But really that much??? I love how you showed to make them and they really do look easy! Great gift ideas! Enjoy your weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    6. VOILA! Another Amazing Cynthia goodie. My kids will love these. I'm a thinkin' I need to get crackin and learn myself about these eatable pen writing things.
      Thanks for diving in and trying things out and letting us in on the fun.
      Hugs!

      ReplyDelete

    Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

    Cynthia