Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas: Jingle Bell Run

You all thought I was crazy when I started planning Christmas 10 weeks early. But this Christmas was going to be different. MY GOAL WAS TO ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS!!!

So when my daughter signed up to run the 5 K Jingle Bell Run, I was game to watch the race and enjoy all the festivities. The Jingle Bell Run is a race to benefit the Arthritis Foundation. It is also a race that allows the dogs to run with the runners. So daughter signed up Mr. Darcy.



It was a fun and festive atmosphere, even at 29 degrees. Santa came to watch the festivities.



Everyone had bells on and this fun family had a sleigh... they pushed the entire way of the race.


People wore antlers....


And fabulous socks.... I want these socks!!!


And some great hats!!!



Here is Mr. Darcy and dear daughter finishing!!!


Great race guys....


And don't forget to stretch.... Can we get some hot chocolate?



It was a fabulous morning... the dogs had a great time. I really felt the holiday spirit with all the fun runners and the Arthritis Foundation raised nearly a million dollars for their cause in Knoxville alone.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What fun! I love those socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic day! That is great that so much money was raised for this cause. I have a couple of elderly clients that suffer from arthritis. Plus a young girl in my church who is just 16!
    Mr. Darcy looks like he had a great time with your daughter. :o)
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! What a great organization your daughter benefitted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful!

    And I'll be looking out for those socks for you...

    And dag -- that dog's head is ginormous!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my daughter has those socks...she got them at Target...looks like a lot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Wonderful!

    I have those socks!!! well minus the fur... Target Baby!

    I bet Mr. Darcy enjoyed his long walk in the cold weather : )

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia