Saturday, December 05, 2009

Confession: Christmas Movies I love

Do you know that most people under the age of 30 do not watch black and white movies? Really? Do you know what fabulous Christmas movies you are missing!!!

Holiday Inn

Holiday-Inn-(1942)---Bing-Crosby,-Marjorie-Reynolds-712695

Bing Crosby; you had me at Hello! and Fred Astaire will you dance at my next fourth of July party?

holidayfirecracker2

And the beautiful songs by Irving Berlin for every holiday.

It’s a Wonderful Life

its_a_wonderful_life_stort

Jimmy Stewart, so cute looking for ZuZu’s petals. Frank Capra’s message of the difference one can make. Look at the picture of a family’s love of their father.

Christmas in Connecticut

xmas-tree-xmas-connecticut

Barbara Stanwyck and I fell in love with sailors.

Miracle on 34th Street

kriskringle34th

I believe, I believe

Oh and color favorite: White Christmas

White-Christmas-classic-movies-6533879-1024-768

Rosemary Clooney, you have the most lovely voice, Danny Kaye and the smallest waist I ever saw was on Vera Ellen. And beautiful songs by Irving Berlin

Take time with your family. Pop some popcorn and transport yourself to a simpler time. I promise, you won’t regret it.

6 comments:

  1. Great post, but what about the Stone's Christmas... a classic that I will never see again....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous assortment of movies! My all time favorite is It's A Wonderful Life! :o)
    I just posted a question on my blog. Can you help me? Thanks! Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a Wonderful Life is #1 for me and then we always have to see Christmas Vacation. It's irreverent but hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love watching black and white movies and years ago, I was was watching nothing but!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have loved ALL of those movies -- as a kid, we loved Miracle on 34th Street. I love the modern day "Elf" -- it's not only funny, but heartwarming and the music is darling!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elf has become one of my new favorites too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia