Friday, December 11, 2009

Confession: Happy Anniversary

Today is our 26th wedding anniversary!!! How did that happen?




That means that these lovely children are close to or are over thirty years old!!! Yikes.



I don't know how many of you know that my hubby works and lives in New Mexico and I work and live in Tennessee.... He does come home once a month but seriously it is a hard thing to be away from your hubby. Especially since we both work hard and try to hold a serious conversation every evening but frankly, we are too tired and end up talking about the kids, the house and whatever else we can think of at the time. He does read this blog so I am taking the opportunity to address some things that never get said.

1. Honey, you have made all my dreams come true.

2. Why you married me when I wore this hat, I have no idea.



3. It was really stupid to get married two weeks before Christmas... pretty wedding but I have missed anniversary presents, you here for an anniversary dinner and a party for our special anniversary's .

4. I know you love Red Lobster and I agree to go to Red Lobster for our anniversary when you are home.... but I hate Red Lobster, except for the biscuits. Can't we come to a compromise.. and no, I won't go to Captain D's with you.

5. It is really funny that we have convinced our daughter that she was born before we got married but I keep forgetting how many years we were married. For the record... Our daughter was born exactly 10 months after our wedding, weighting in at 10 lbs 11 ounces.




6. Thank you for our children... they are beautiful, difficult, funny, smart (sometimes a little too smart), trouble, sweet and interesting. I can't wait to see who they marry, what they become and yes... I want grandchildren at some point.

7. I love that you tell the same jokes over and over again. Yes, your dad jokes are hillarious.. even if I am the only person who thinks they are funny.



8. You are the smartest, funniest, sweetest person I ever met. ( Said it first !!)

9. I look forward to the at least 26 more years.

10 comments:

  1. Great blog...I like Red Lobster back when the kids ate free, now they are costing money. l&K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!

    I can't even imagine how hard it must be to live apart. We don't do well with phone conversations either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gawsh, you guys are just adorable!!! I loved that post -- and I love how you do what the other likes just because you love each other.

    Here's to many, many happy years together. And tell Glenn I'd probably love his dumb jokes too. I'm a sucker for sophmoric humor!

    And btw, you were adorable in that hat! You rocked it!

    Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Cynthia!! I didn't know your hubby lives away from you. Sort of like my hubby, only he's usually 3 hours away and home on weekends. I hope you have a great celebration and get to choose the restaurant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I called you first this year! I love that your anniversary is on my birthday, but let's not have any more celebrations studying and eating cold take out from Chili's by the Christmas tree - ok?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the biscuits and the salad. And You have a Captain D's!!?! OUrs became a carwash many years ago. It was the only place growing up where Mom could get fish for my brother, chicken for my sister and a burger for me and we all liked it.
    Happy Anniversary. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just too sweet! It's so nice to see two people still in love after all these years... perhaps the distance is not all bad? Lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia