Today is our 26th wedding anniversary!!! How did that happen?
That means that these lovely children are close to or are over thirty years old!!! Yikes.
I don't know how many of you know that my hubby works and lives in New Mexico and I work and live in Tennessee.... He does come home once a month but seriously it is a hard thing to be away from your hubby. Especially since we both work hard and try to hold a serious conversation every evening but frankly, we are too tired and end up talking about the kids, the house and whatever else we can think of at the time. He does read this blog so I am taking the opportunity to address some things that never get said.
1. Honey, you have made all my dreams come true.
2. Why you married me when I wore this hat, I have no idea.
3. It was really stupid to get married two weeks before Christmas... pretty wedding but I have missed anniversary presents, you here for an anniversary dinner and a party for our special anniversary's .
4. I know you love Red Lobster and I agree to go to Red Lobster for our anniversary when you are home.... but I hate Red Lobster, except for the biscuits. Can't we come to a compromise.. and no, I won't go to Captain D's with you.
5. It is really funny that we have convinced our daughter that she was born before we got married but I keep forgetting how many years we were married. For the record... Our daughter was born exactly 10 months after our wedding, weighting in at 10 lbs 11 ounces.
6. Thank you for our children... they are beautiful, difficult, funny, smart (sometimes a little too smart), trouble, sweet and interesting. I can't wait to see who they marry, what they become and yes... I want grandchildren at some point.
7. I love that you tell the same jokes over and over again. Yes, your dad jokes are hillarious.. even if I am the only person who thinks they are funny.
8. You are the smartest, funniest, sweetest person I ever met. ( Said it first !!)
9. I look forward to the at least 26 more years.