Thursday, December 17, 2009

Easy Entertaining during the holidays

During the holidays, the prospect of throwing a party can seem overwhelming. Don't be discouraged. A brunch is a fantastic way to throw a party without all the work. When I held a birthday brunch for my friend Mary,




Christmas decorations always make the house look prettier.


The food was simple; a quiche, some muffins, a lunch meat tray and a fruit tray... I added a spinach artichoke dip which remained almost untouched. How easy can that be? Oh yes, and sausage balls... My favorite.



I added a pitcher of Mimosas.

And Mary's birthday cake. How gorgeous on my cake stand.

But seriously that cake was gorgeous.



Everyone had a great time... the pitches of Mimosas helped...


A brunch is a fun, inexpensive way to entertain your friends during the holidays. A moment to gather friends and remember the reason for the season.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, everything looked BEAUTIFUL!!! And yes, that cake was gorgeous -- only made more beautiful by your lovely cake stand.

    You are a dear friend.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cake stand!!! And yes, I agree, a brunch is a great way to celebrate and have friends over! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun time! I like brunches too!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cake stand. The dip went untouched? Seriously? That is such a yummy dip. Well if this happens again just send those leftovers to West Texas, they won't last long here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia