I love Christmas! I love the sounds, sights and smells of Christmas. I love the season so much that I got married during the Christmas season.
Which got me thinking, what is it about Christmas that I love so much?
Here is my conclusion:
- I love the “specialness of the season”. For me it is a sacred time that focuses on the birth of my Lord and Savior. But even the secular world acknowledges the magical time of Christmas.
- I love showing friends and family how much I care about them.
- Oh the baking, enough said.
- During Christmas, the world “stops” and smells the roses.
- As the birth of Jesus approaches, it is a time of renewal.
6. Traditions hold the present, past and future together. No time during the year holds more tradition than Christmas.
7. The entire world is covered in tinsel, lights, ribbon and greenery
8. The anticipation of Santa Claus in a child’s face.
9. Oh the presents… okay, that is materialistic but I love presents.
As much as I love Christmas, I am always sad it when it ends. But this year, I am going to try to keep Christmas every day.