I am not a person who likes to look back.. I love to look forward… what to do next, how to improve upon the future… the garden, the house… the next thing to accomplish; sew, bake, cook, decorate, etc. But as the end of 2009 approaches, I need to stop and acknowledge all the good work, hard work and just plain fun I had this year.
And funny, you guys know my work schedule almost every day of the week and what I ate every day.
So here is my look back on 2009.
1. Wrote 300 blogs…. how did that happen? For someone who was hammered during her dissertation for writing… How could I write 300 blogs.
2. Reorganized and transformed the garage.
3. Learned how to smock and smocked a dress!!!
4. Made a lot of crafts….
A Ballet bag
Monogrammed a few tea towels
Sewed my version of the Lily Pulitizer skirt
Sewed a jumper
5. Remodeled the master bedroom!!
6. Hosted a wedding shower.
7. Turned 50 and my daughter with the help of the rest of the family threw a wonderful birthday party.
8. Found a market basket and made it my own.
9. Cooked alot…. And have the few extra pounds to show for it.
10. Expanded the garden….
11. Had a fabulous Fourth of July party!!!
12. Baked alot…
13. Picked blueberries and blackberries.
14. Embarrassed my family.
15. Took lots of pictures of the dogs.
All in All, it was a great, busy, exhausting, exhilarating, tiring, fascinating, informative, fun, festive ride this year. I look forward to another fun year in 2010 and hope you all will visit me this year…