Thursday, December 31, 2009

Look what I accomplished in 2009

I am not a person who likes to look back.. I love to look forward… what to do next, how to improve upon the future… the garden, the house… the next thing to accomplish; sew, bake, cook, decorate, etc. But as the end of 2009 approaches, I need to stop and acknowledge all the good work, hard work and just plain fun I had this year.

And funny, you guys know my work schedule almost every day of the week and what I ate every day.

So here is my look back on 2009.

1. Wrote 300 blogs…. how did that happen? For someone who was hammered during her dissertation for writing… How could I write 300 blogs.

2. Reorganized and transformed the garage.

BEFORE

004 copy

AFTER

IMG_5383 copy

IMG_5435 copy

3. Learned how to smock and smocked a dress!!!

Photo0069

4. Made a lot of crafts….

A Ballet bag

IMG_2435 copy

Monogrammed a few tea towels

003 copy

Photo Cards

IMG_7661 copy

Sewed my version of the Lily Pulitizer skirt

006 copy

Sewed a jumper

Margaret #4

5. Remodeled the master bedroom!!

Before

2004_0416Image0015 copy

After

IMG_7366 copy

6. Hosted a wedding shower.

281 copy

7. Turned 50 and my daughter with the help of the rest of the family threw a wonderful birthday party.

010 copy

8. Found a market basket and made it my own.

009 copy

9. Cooked alot…. And have the few extra pounds to show for it.

10. Expanded the garden….

012 copy

11. Had a fabulous Fourth of July party!!!

182 copy

212 copy

12. Baked alot…

171

185 copy

IMG_1791

13. Picked blueberries and blackberries.

078 copy

14. Embarrassed my family.

239

IMG_7228 copy

15. Took lots of pictures of the dogs.

166 copy

All in All, it was a great, busy, exhausting, exhilarating, tiring, fascinating, informative, fun, festive ride this year. I look forward to another fun year in 2010 and hope you all will visit me this year…

15 comments:

  1. What a great review of your blog! And I remember them all and will definitely be back in the coming year! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun looking back at your year with you. I enjoyed sharing it along the way too. Looking forward to 2010. New Years Blessings to You and Yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a successful, fun year you had. Glad I was along for the ride for most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a really busy year! Happy new year to you and your family ( furbabies too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do so much each year, it's nice we can look back with you on the blog. Nice job doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice job, lady!!
    Happy New Year~
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! I'm inspired and impressed. Love your blog and am totally in awe of your talents. I would like to accomplish two things this year and one is to organize the garage. Cold front coming in tonight and temps will dip to the teens. This task will have to wait until spring.

    The other is to lose these extra pounds. I must have done too much cooking, too!

    Hugs!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just leave us all in your dust! Looking forward in the new year - I'm going to plan menus and I just might copy you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, you were hammered while you wrote your dissertation?....

    That alone makes me love you even more! :)

    Way to Accomplish, WOMAN!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love looking at your blog! Keep up the great blogs & have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss the stylish market basket...LOVE it! Happy New Year to you and I hope that you "accomplish" all your goals you've set for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  12. G'Day and Happy New Years... What a fantastic post :) May this year bring even more joy and laughter...We are in Wet season mode at the moment here in tropical Australia and have been rained in since yesterday... Have a great day!
    May :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the skirt...dress...tea towel...just my style! I'm going to follow along with you...having a great time looking at your blog. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a busy and wonderful 2009!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Stopping over from Rhoda's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Accomplished Woman is definitely an appropriate title! You were on fire in 2009 and you did some beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia