Sunday, December 20, 2009

Menu Planning: Week Ending 12.26.09

No matter how organized you are, the days before Christmas can be crazy. No worries, as I have some dinners in the freezer and can relax after a long day of being a Christmas “Elf”. It is also a way to splurge for the holiday without blowing my grocery budget.

  • Sunday – White Chicken Chili
  • Monday – Quiche
  • Tuesday – Lasagna Rolls
  • Wednesday – Pulled Pork Nachos
  • Thursday – Party Menu
  • Friday – Christmas dinner
  • Saturday – Leftovers

Have

  • onion
  • Chicken broth
  • Chicken breast
  • Green beans
  • Graham Crackers
  • Potatoes
  • Soy sauce
  • Butter
  • Jalapenos peppers

Need

  • Nacho Chips
  • Green Chilies
  • 3 cans of White Beans
  • Monterrey Jack Cheese
  • Ground Pork
  • Wonton Wrappers
  • Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • Crown Pork Roast
  • Brie
  • Puff Pastry
  • Shrimp
  • Pound Cake
  • Strawberries
  • Bananas
  • Pretzels
  • 7 oz. Chocolate Chips
  • Cream
  • Oranges
  • Sausage
  • Eggs
  • Cream Cheese
  • Sour Cream
  • Stuffing
  • Napa Cabbage
  • Ginger

Christmas Eve Party Menu

  • Brie with Pecans and wrapped in Puff Pastry and crackers
  • Roasted Shrimp with Cocktail sauce
  • Chinese Pork Dumplings
  • Cheese straws
  • Chocolate Fondue
  • Cheesecake
  • Punch
  • Champagne

Christmas Dinner

  • Crown Roast of Pork with Stuffing
  • Baked Potatoes with Sour Cream and Chives
  • Sauteed green beans
  • Spring Salad
  • Blackberry Cobbler – made with the Blackberries we gathered this summer

5 comments:

  1. Oh my Lord. Seriously? I am thinking hot dogs and waffles. :0p

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delightful. Can I eat at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'Day,

    The Pulled Pork Nachos sounds yummy. I will have to Google the recipe.

    Many Thanks
    May

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my job for a cooking software company I study blogs and one of the happy parts of this assignment is finding great sites like yours. I am so glad I found this! I so agree about creating a shopping list, and without sounding like an infomercial, I wanted to tell you about their recipe program that does this for me and it has simplified my life a ton. (I’ve included the link in case you are interested.) Finally, thanks so much for a great site—I love your information and how reader-friendly and inspiring your site is!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia