Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sewing: Apron gifts

I wanted to make a special gift or two for my family and I thought what a great gift to give… an apron. They are the hot thing right now and I love them.

So I found a pattern I liked.

IMG_2430

And some pretty fabric with some contrasting fabric. Cut out and ironed under the fabric around the pocket

113

and the apron

107

being very careful to miter the corners.

110

I stitched up the apron

111

and added embroidery for my niece.

112

Next, I added the contrasting fabric. But first you have to make the piping. This process is very easy. First you fold down both sides of your fabric strips cut on the bias, i.e. on the diagonal.

115

Next fold over in half and press.

116

I then pinned it on the apron and sewed.

165

Voila!!!

167

A pretty apron for a pretty girl… It was easy, taking less than two hours and I love homemade gifts. I hope she loves it too.

P.S. Her momma is getting a matching one but don’t tell.

12 comments:

  1. You continually amaze me! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother and daughter matching aprons. What a cute idea! The embroidery makes it extra special.

    I love homemade gifts! Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious!
    You did a beautiful job.
    :o) Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I usually make 2 aprons as prizes for the Cookie Exchange I host with my SIL, but I have run out of time this year!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I so have to get out my sewing machine again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!
    Very nnice apron!! Lovely fabric!!
    Well done!!

    www.2pompitas.com

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, I think Molly would look pretty darn adorable in one of those.... :)

    It turned out AMAZING! Girl, you are so talented. Really, one of these days you need to blog about the things you AREN'T good at to make us all feel better. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I know now!!! woo hoo!! I know what I'm getting!! But you don't!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW - I can't wait to see them and use them with Avery!! I'm so happy about getting them!! This is very exciting! I will have to take pictures of the two of us baking in them!! SOOOO exciting

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE APRONS AND THAT ONE IS SO PRETTY. MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Something arrived yesterday!! I wonder what it is???? Oooh I can't wait! I'm decorating the Gingerbread house today - can I use it??

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia