- Macerate the blackberries with one cup of sugar. I just love using the word macerate… it makes me sound smart. Let the blackberries stand for 20 minutes or until syrup forms.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
3. In a large bowl, mix 1 c. flour, 2 t. baking powder, 1/2 t. salt and 1 cup of milk.
4. Stir in 1/2 c. melted butter until thoroughly blended.
5. Spread in an ungreased 8 inch square pan. I am a little of a rebel so I put it in a pretty dish I liked….
6. Spoon blackberry mixture over the batter.
7. Bake 45 to 55 degrees or until dough rises and is golden brown.
Serve warm.. with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
I know, this dish undoes my New Year’s resolution but it is heavenly.
- 2 1/2 c. fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blackberries
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 c. butter, melted.