Thursday, January 07, 2010

Baking: Blackberry Cobbler

Last summer when my daughter and I picked blueberries and blackberries, we froze them for some delightful dishes in the winter. Eating blackberries transports me back to summer… when I lounged in the pool and was a little sun burnt… okay I don’t lounge but imagine I do… On New Year’s Eve, I made this blackberry cobbler.
  1. Macerate the blackberries with one cup of sugar. I just love using the word macerate… it makes me sound smart. Let the blackberries stand for 20 minutes or until syrup forms.


2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

3. In a large bowl, mix 1 c. flour, 2 t. baking powder, 1/2 t. salt and 1 cup of milk.



4. Stir in 1/2 c. melted butter until thoroughly blended.


5. Spread in an ungreased 8 inch square pan. I am a little of a rebel so I put it in a pretty dish I liked….




6. Spoon blackberry mixture over the batter.

7. Bake 45 to 55 degrees or until dough rises and is golden brown.


Serve warm.. with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

I know, this dish undoes my New Year’s resolution but it is heavenly.


Blackberry Cobbler

  • 2 1/2 c. fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blackberries
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 c. flour
  • 2 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. butter, melted.

7 comments:

  1. Oh how seriously yummy! My chocolate chip cookies yesterday goofed up my resolutions...still I'm sticking with moderation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Cynthia! Thanks for adding your 2009 list, you really got a lot done yourself. And you got to meet Pioneer Woman, I'm seriously jealous.

    Looking forward to seeing you again at Blissdom & catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of anything better than a berry sort of cobbler! You know I rarely use blackberries because they don't grow in our area. There are sooooo pricey at the grocery stores, like $4.00 for a half pint!! I will live through your beautiful pictures today as the snow is blowing around.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia...looks yummy...love blackberries...a friend of the family brought us back strawberries, oranges and tangerines from her trip to Florida over the Christmas Holiday...oh the strawberries are so good....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this I might be able to handle. I KNOW I can handle eating it. The baking looks Tracey-proof too ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!!! So wish I had blackberries in MY freezer. Next year I'll plan better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. G'Day
    I think i am going to have to star this recipe so i can try it next week.Thanks May

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia