Saturday, January 09, 2010

Confession: My husband's bachelor pad

It has been 26 years since I have visited my husband's bachelor pad until this year. Well, I can tell you bachelor pad of 1983




NOT A PICTURE OF BACHELOR PAD 1983 BUT A GOOD FACSIMILE


and 2009 have some similarities and some differences.

Similarities:
1. No decor.
2. No fluff.
3. No extra towels
4. No mattress pad


Differences:
1. Laundry washed weekly. In 1983, my hubby did not do his laundry on a regular basis.
2. Bathroom fairly clean.
3. Dishes washed.
4. Diet Coke in the fridge for his wife.


Okay, I went to Wal-mart bought extra towels, blankets, a mattress pad, some groceries and pillows. I feel better but the kids refrained me from buying some pictures, lamps and decorative pillows. I would have felt much better had I been able to accessorize the bachelor pad.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cute post!!! When my hubby was on a tour down in Atlanta, the kids and I stayed up here in PA. He was suppose to be there for 6 months, which didn't make sense to pull the kids out of school. But the 6 months turned into 2 years. Gotta love the Army! Anyway, we would go down for the 3 months the kids were off from school. The Army had him in a nice apartment that really lacked a woman's touch. I remember doing what you did. But I couldn't help myself from purchasing placemats and some picture frames with pictures of us in them. Hubby drew the line at having me put a bed skirt on the bed. Hated making that bed every morning without one!!!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snort* What would they do without us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I can only chuckle thinking of my DH living in NY for months before the kids and I arrived...he had a bed, 1 set of sheets, 1 sad blanket, towels, 1 sad plastic chair, 1 fork,spoon, knife, 1 plate, bowl and glass!!! I don't know how he did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ur so cute! :)

    And any hubby who stocks Diet Coke in the fridge for his lovely wife gets my vote!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia