Saturday, January 02, 2010

Confession: Why January and February are not depressing.

I know most people get Seasonal Affective Disorder because January and February can be very depressing to most people. It is cold and grey but I don’t find them depressing… January and February are the two months I can focus on projects in the house without the yard, the pool or the demands of the garden.

It is very exciting…. painting, re-decorating, etc. I have 10 to 12 weeks for sheer bliss.

FOCUSING ON THE HOUSE~~~

SPRING-HOUSECLEANING ~~~~

PURCHASE SOME PIECES FOR THE HOUSE~~~

I love to focus strictly on the inside of the house.

In the next 10 weeks, I will

  1. Spring  clean the entire interior.

spring cleaning

     2. Paint the kitchen an apple green.  And I wish I was getting a new mixer but mine works fantastic and is only 24 years old.

kitchenaidcatalogphoto

      3. Re-paint the base of the dining room.

     4. Making new curtains for the kitchen.

      5. Add molding to the dining room.

      6. Paint the hallway to our bedroom.

image

     7. Re-frame a series of pictures of the kids and dogs for the hallway. Isn’t this a beautiful inspiration.

     8. Purchase a small table for the kitchen

     9. Hang floating shelves for the kitchen

WS341_1

Oh yes and have a total knee replacement on February 9th. I will have to stay organized to get all of it completed in time.

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that you have to have a knee replacement. At least you will be up and at 'em before spring arrives.

    Your projects sound ambitious! I can't wait to see pictures and read about them. When do you sleep? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cynthia! That is quite the list. I am too busy this year to be depressed. We will be painting and decorating the brand new basement! Well, when it gets finished, that is :0(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find March depressing. It's supposed to be spring, but it's one of Tennessee's coldest months. The largest snowfall ever in TN was on St. Patrick's Day.

    At least Jan and Feb act like winter because they are winter... plus it's my birthday month and Valentine's and an annual trip to Vegas.

    March. Cold. Rainy. Blah. At least it helps to know spring is right around the corner.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a long list there! Good luck with all of it. I hope your knee replacement goes well too! My only gripe about Jan and Feb is that there are no school holidays! I am a teacher!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds wonderful! Except for the knee replacement part...ewwww. So sorry.

    I look forward to following your progress in the next several weeks ahead. So fun!

    Happy New Year, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total knee replacement? Yikes, you never even complain to us. I'll be thinking of you.

    My list has some of the same things yours has. I am kicking off the year by getting rid of the red paint in my dining room. My dad will come soon and help me put a chair rail and picture molding on the bottom. Trying to decide on drapes..we have plantation shutters so I'm not sure.

    I do get slower in the winter..not depressed but I don't think my brain works as well when it stays dark for so long. It is so nice to not have yard work for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm tired. But inspired! I have a fair bit I want to get done too. Not as much as you and I'm sure I won't get it done by the 9th.
    Do you get on FB much? I sent you a message there asking for help with an invitation.
    Thanks for your post and your inspiration. Maybe I'll go get out of my robe now and see if I can get the kitchen floor mopped!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia