Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Decorating: Creating Beauty out of the Plain

 

Everyone is trying to save money and rightly so… I recently gave up my expensive moisturizer. And have switched to a less expensive old fashioned brand. It has worked great, who knew?

But the container is not as pretty as my department store brand moisturizer..

005

However, I found a very inexpensive solution to this container on my table side.

006

P.S. I hate the plate on my bedside too… but I haven’t found one I like better so far.

So I went to Marshall’s and look what I found…. for $3.99

009

It is Irish Crystal.

So I thoroughly cleaned the dish and added the moisturizer.

011

Much prettier… I like making the everyday items more beautiful.

7 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful idea, thanks for sharing it and enjoy your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! Marshalls and TJ Maxx ROCK!!! :)

    It looks just perfect there -- and glad you found a cheapo version of your hand creme to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! And beauty in unexpected places does make the day brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beautiful crystal dish does make a difference! I used Pond's cream all over my body for many years. I just might try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a genius! LOVE IT! Oh, Audrey loves the plate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia