Monday, January 25, 2010

Decorating: My office in my bedroom

My wonderful doctor called and had to move my surgery back to February 16th. He is going to help with orthopedic surgeries in Haiti. While I hate to move the surgery, I admire his dedication to his profession and his willingness to use his gift to help this desperate situation. I will be praying for him.

That being said, I have been preparing for my limited motility after the surgery.

Recently, I decided to move the secretary from the living room to my bedroom, giving me a place to write bills, letters and blog without having to go downstairs to my office.

I think this change was a great addition to the bedroom.

It looks pretty and is very functional. I will be able to keep up with everyone, while I convalesce.

7 comments:

  1. what a great idea...so great that your Dr. is going to help those in Haiti...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you glad you have a doctor with such a good heart?

    I love your secretary. That's one piece of furniture that I've always wanted in my house. One of these days I'll have a spot for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somewhere I missed you have an upcoming surgery. Will keep you in my prayers and also all the suffering in Haiti. I admire your doctor and all the fine folks working to heal those affected.

    Susan at Charm of the Carolines

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too second what Stacey said -- your Dr. has such a kind and generous heart!!!

    And I think moving the secretary is a great idea. Knowing you though, I don't suspect you'll be "down" for too long! :)

    Monday HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. It's just like my hutch! :)

    So, you're still coming to Bliss, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must have missed something! What are you having surgery on?

    Love the secretary in your bedroom. My parents have a beautiful one very similar to yours, only not as dark wood. I would love to have theirs! It is going to make it easier for you to be able to have everything close at hand.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love hearing about Dr's going to help!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia