Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gardening: New Gardening Catalogues

The new gardening catalogues are starting to arrive and I have been pouring over the pictures trying to decide what varieties of vegetables and flowers to order and dreaming of last summer....

Lavender

Tomatoes

Cabbage seeds get started in our area (February 8th)


n168302345473_5999

Even if you don’t purchase any items from the catalogues, they are valuable resources for growing vegetables. Johnny Seeds offers some fantastic varieties of vegetables.

logo_shp

Using them as a guide will let you know the latest trends in gardening and the latest research available to the home garden. I will use Sand Hill this year for some heirloom tomatoes and I will try some melons.

homepage_main

Cook’s garden brings the best herbs that I have found.

And lastly, if you aren’t a gardener… a seed catalogue can represent the hope of spring, the bounty of a summer harvest at farm stands and oooohhh a tomato sandwich on white bread with mayonnaise.

Next week, my garden plan!!!

4 comments:

  1. If you haven't seen the Bakers Creek catalog, order that one for yourself!! The pictures are amazing and inspirational. No affiliation other than a happy customer. Can't wait to see what you do with your garden this year. Always inspiring as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYGAWSH!!! As a kid, my favorite sandwich was a mater and mayo sammy (of course, tomatoes from my Dad's garden!)

    Seeds in February?...That's crazy awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tomato pic is making me wish for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'morn, Cynthia ~ I love to riffle thru flower/seed/garden catalogs ... ever since a child. Can always use a new idea ...

    TY for your sweet notes, I am doing much better daily now.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia