Still finishing the kitchen, it looks great and I want to show it to you soon. I have to whip up some curtains. Also, garden catalogues have started to pour in and need to get the garden plan together. My other pressing issue is preparing food for the family while I am in the hospital. Lastly, I am spring cleaning all the woodwork in the house.
- Sunday: Potato and Leek Soup
- Monday: Pork Chops with Cinnamon Apples
- Tuesday: Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Wednesday: Spinach Frittata
- Thursday: Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Friday: Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries and cut up veggies
- Saturday: Fettuccini with Truffle Butter and Cesar Salad.
- Frozen Spinach
- Red onion
- Pork Chops
- Truffle Butter
- Ham Lunchmeat
- Turkey Lunchmeat
- Sword fish
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Corn Tortillas
Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 12 slices bread
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices turkey or chicken
- 8 slices Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- a little mustard and mayonnaise, if desired
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For each sandwich use 3 slices of bread. Butter one side of bread first, then cover with a slice of ham and a slice of turkey or chicken. Butter both sides of the second slice of bread and spread with a little mustard or other dressing, if desired. Place on top of turkey or ham slice and top with 2 thin slices of cheese. Butter third slice for top; press sandwich lightly and trim crusts. Cut into halves diagonally and secure with toothpicks.
Beat eggs with milk and salt. Dip sandwich halves into the egg mixture and fry on a hot skillet or griddle in butter or margarine. Brown on all sides, adding more butter when necessary. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Makes 4 sandwiches, 8 cut triangles, to serve 4.