Sunday, January 24, 2010

Menu Planning: Week Ending 1.30.10

I finally decided to paint the kitchen cabinets and woodwork this week. The garden seed order will be placed as well as some bare root roses. I haven’t finished the kitchen curtains but should be done on Monday. I also want to put a gift together for my three roommates at Blissdom. Hubby is home on Friday and I need help cleaning out the greenhouse… I wish we could just put our feet up but as you all know..I have a deadline.

  • Sunday: Chili (doubling)
  • Monday: Chicken Picatta, Garlic potatoes and Snow peas
  • Tuesday: Sausage Rigatoni with Cesar Salad
  • Wednesday: Garden Omelets
  • Thursday: Steak Nachos
  • Friday: Roast Beef Asiago Panini
  • Saturday: Macaroni and Cheese, Garden Salad

Have:

  • Rigatoni
  • Italian Sausage
  • Mozzarella
  • Salsa
  • Kidney Beans
  • Hamburger
  • Cans of Tomatoes
  • Kidney Beans
  • Elbow Macaroni
  • Horseradish Mayonnaise
  • Leftover Ham

Need:

  • Nacho Chips
  • Chicken Filets
  • Mushrooms
  • Zucchini
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Asiago Cheese
  • Ciabatta Bread
  • Gruyere

Chili con Carne

10-Red-Hot-Chili-Recipes_featured_article_628x371

• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 can kidney beans, drained
• 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
• 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 3 Tbsp. chili powder
• 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
• 3 tsp. dried oregano
• 2 and 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
• 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
• 1/8 tsp. ground cloves

Directions

Place oil in a large stockpot and heat to medium heat. Add ground beef, and cook with stirring until the meat just loses its red color.

Add garlic, jalapeno, and onion to the meat. Saute until the onions are translucent.

Stir in chili powder, brown sugar, oregano, cumin, allspice, and cloves. Heat the cumin before adding the tomatoes. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.

Add kidney beans. Cook chili con carne recipe for an hour. I tend to leave the chili on the stove all afternoon, but I like to have my chili really mellow.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a busy week...with a yummy menu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, I love, love, love your blog. It inspires me to accomplish more!

    I live just south of Nashville and would love to come to Blissdom next week. I waited too late to get my ticket and it's sold out. Trying now to get in to the workshop on Thursday.

    Hope to meet you there!

    Susan at Charm of the Carolines

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW I'll be trying that Chili! Looks great!!!

    Hope you're doing well....

    Have a WONDERFUL time at Blissdom!

    Blessings~
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia