Friday, January 08, 2010

My Great New Mexico Adventure.

Some of you know that my husband works in New Mexico and I live in Tennessee. While this fact makes arguing over the toilet seat being left up or not a mute point, distance does make the heart grow fonder. It can also make for a fun trip for your wife and children, who have never been to New Mexico.

Did you know that Santa Fe is this country's highest state capital?

And did you know the weather is as cold as Tennessee or colder? The weather along with the altitude makes for some great skiing... So as part of their Christmas present, we wanted to take the kids skiing in Santa Fe.


All ready to go.


And happy about it.... Even though he is a rebel... a snow boarder.

Deciding what trail to take.



As my knee is being replaced... I stayed in the ski lodge, sipping hot chocolate and people watching.

What a hat!



More weird hats!



The view from my "office"


Above the clouds!!!



The kids after a fun day of skiing and snow boarding!! Exhausted but happy!


While having your hubby work away from home can be difficult for him and you.. new family adventures can be .... priceless.

6 comments:

  1. Cynthia,
    Tell Glenn the York's said "HI"! Have fun and stay warm!!
    grace and peace,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful Cynthia!

    Love and hugs - happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been there, but have been told it is very cold during the Winter.
    Maybe since my husband likes seasons, I could get him down there. I am beginning to really hate the rain of the Pacific Northwest.
    Glad you could go and have fun.
    The living arrangements do make the toilet seat argument a bit silly doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that your husband worked in another state....nice you all got to go for little R & R....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done the working/living in separate places and although it's sometimes difficult, we have to do what we have to do! Didn't realize was that cold!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia