Winter food is so warm and comforting, but it can be a little bland. So I try to infuse summer flavor in any way I can find. On a cold morning with a cup of hot chocolate, these scones are not only delicious but very filling.
- Put the 3 c. of self rising flour, 1/2 c. sugar and 3/4 c. cold butter, cut into small pieces.
- Pulse several times until butter is in small pieces about the size of peas.
- Next add 1/2 c. whipping cream and vanilla. Pulse several times adding additional cream until dough starts to form a ball.
- Add blueberries and pulse several times to mix well.
- Place dough on floured board.
- Lightly knead several times.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- With floured round cutter, cut out scones.
- Re-roll left-overs until all the dough is used.
- Place on baking sheet, with an egg, well-beaten, brush the top of the scones. And sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
They are a little effort but ohhhh soooo good.