Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Sewing: Monogrammed Pillows

I loved these monogrammed pillows but gesh are they expensive.
Monogram_Styles
Target had some fantastic placemats and tablecloths on sale for seventy five percent off their Christmas merchandise. I thought I could use two of them for a project.
050
Whipped out the embroidery program and developed a monogram.
054
Monogrammed it.
058
Look how pretty!!
059
Sewed along the inner stitching to make a flange, leaving a six inch opening. Just follow the line of the placemat.
065
Sewed again, on the outer edge. You cannot see the pins, but I pinned it carefully matching the placemats. Also, leave the same six inch opening around the outer edge that you sewed for the flange.
066
Stuffed with polymer filling.
069
Sewed both openings shut.
070
Fantastic!! Exactly what I had envisioned.
205
Total cost of the project; $.98 for each place mat and $3.00 for polymer filling. Total cost $4.96.


I am joining Twice Remembered and her Make it Monday party. She has a fabulous blog and is a very sweet person!!!

10 comments:

  1. Great job! That price is truly amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, my friend! That is some sewing machine you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so want a monogram machine but my husband is trying to talk me out of it. I think he is afraid that I will try to monogram everything--including him! haha. Love the pillow project though. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly woman! That's stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - those are beautiful!! You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love coming by to see what your up to...great job as usual..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what Reynie said -- yep, I'd want to monogram everything too -- just like me with my label maker. But oh, the possibilities are endless! When my sister and I write our book you ARE going to be a contributor, right? :)

    And it looks great on that chair! It's perfecto!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want a sewing machine that creates all of those beautiful things! I am looking at Berninas, but of course am waiting to see what happens in the next year or two.
    The pillow is beautiful. My daughter Karyn did something similar this year for Christmas pillows, without the monogram.
    I keep thinking someday I too will be "An Accomplished Woman." :}

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so lucky to have that Baby Lock machine. I'm so jealous! You did a beautiful job on that pillow, I really love it! And what a savings in the price.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once I again I bow to you. Amazing. I love the rich colors. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia