Monday, February 08, 2010

Spring Cleaning: Woodwork

6a00d8345252b269e200e54f12c2558833-800wi

Photo Source

We finished cleaning the kitchen, the walls and now we are working our way down the wall. Washing woodwork is my least favorite job. You can imagine, I have to wash woodwork more than twice a year with three large dogs.

First, I vacuum all the woodwork; baseboards, crown molding, door jams and chair rails.

With a bucket of warm water and a 1/4 c. of all-purpose cleaner, gloves and a soft cloth, I wipe them down.

I include a scrub brush in the bucket because sometimes dirt on the woodwork can be a little stubborn.

Again, I make notes on any woodwork that needs to be painted, have loose boards or needs to be fixed.

This job is done for another 4 months… thank goodness.

4 comments:

  1. your house must be sparkling....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm suppose to WASH them now?? I thought just going over them every now and then with a dry cloth was okay.

    Did you cover floors yet?? Need help with my new hardwood ones!!!

    Seriously, these are great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With construction, our baseboards and molding is looking a little under the weather. I think I will tackle it once all construction is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am worn out reading this! You are awesome. Now I feel guilty and must clean my woodwork:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia