Thursday, February 25, 2010

Update

This week can best be described as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

First the Good:
  1. We have had some wonderful people drop off lovely meals every night for this past week. I am blessed to have such friends.
  2. The hubby and the kids have been tremendous help and I am lucky to have them.
  3. My knee joint feels tremendous.
  4. I can tell that I have made some progress. The human body is an amazing thing. Healing, adapting and progressing all at the same time.
The Bad:
  1. Physical Rehab sucks... I know it is good for me but it is tough and I hate it. I keep doing it but it hurts.
  2. The incision is 10 to 12 inches long and looks awful.
The Ugly:
  1. Once a day, I have a good pity party, including crying. Usually brought on by physical rehab but it is very cathartic and may be related to the medication!!!
  2. I miss doing things, being cooped up is not my strong suit.
I have had a hard time writing this post. My first instinct is to suck it up, and post some pretty pictures of my kitchen, dishes, etc. But I am sitting on my rear everyday trying to get better.... not doing anything, not accomplishing anything, and sometimes feeling sorry for myself.

13 comments:

  1. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” ~Friedrich Nietzsche

    And, some say Buddha said it, others attribute it to Abraham Lincoln, but either way let me just say... "This too shall pass"

    You will be good as new soon - "The Bionic Accomplished Woman!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia,
    It won't be much longer until your out with the dogs enjoying the sunshine and a nice walk. Keep up the good work...I know it is hard, but in the end it will be worth it!
    grace and peace,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister had foot surgery the first week in January and she sounds a lot like you. Grateful for the surgery going well, but anxious of just sitting around.

    It must be very hard for you. You're such an active person, always doing something. Take the time to relax and keep a notebook by your side to write down all the ideas that you think of. You'll be accomplishing them pretty soon!

    Glad you're doing better. Sorry for the pain and the tears!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hug* Sounds tough. I know you're tough enough to make it through it, and I like Sunshine's idea notebook suggestion. Draw and scribble away. And if you want/need anything let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is good to have a pity party every now and then...then everything looks brighter....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know the surgery went well. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wondered about you. I'm sure you do have the good, bad, and ugly with that recovery process. Keep at it and I'm sure it will get better daily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad the surgery went well. I think that incision is part of the bad and the ugly. I am so sorry the rehab is so hard. You go ahead and have that pity party. Do your therapy because you know it is what will get you out the door fastest. But if you want to sit down and cry and maybe even throw something for someone else to clean up...you do it. (I can say that as I sit out here in West Texas. Hubby and kids might not like that advice.) Maybe you could sit on the back patio and throw a ball for a dog to fetch.
    Hugs Honey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I have to call you EVERY DAY to keep you from being depressed, you know I will. I will also call you EVERY DAY because I love you and the two of us can gab like the best of 'em.

    Hang in there. You are doing great. You are totally entitled to have a pity party. Call me and I'll bring the cupcakes! :)

    Annd I love thea's comment -- Soon, you will be the "Bionic Accomplished WOMAN!" and completely unstoppable.

    ((((HUGS)))) and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot imagine how annoying PT must be - stay strong, and know that your Blissdom roomies are all sending you every possible good thought. (And those tears can be very cathartic!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sure that I would have more than ONE pity party a day that I am impressed! I hope you are feeling a bit better ((((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can only imagine your frustration! I hope you heal quickly!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw you had surgery...The good outweighs the bad and the ugly on your list. Hang in there and get better soon!
    :) Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia