So when my friend's beautiful daughter got engaged, I wanted to give her a bridal shower. And more importantly, I wanted to make it very special for the mother and the daughter.
Here is my plan:
1. Start with inspiration. I always save pictures for inspiration, as you all know. This picture is the jumping off point for the shower. I am unsure of the source but love the ideas.
2. Sit with the bride to find out her colors, flowers and the date for the shower. If the bride wants a theme, discuss that at the time. In addition, the bride really wanted a candy bar for her wedding but they decided not to do it given space limitations, so I thought it would be a special addition to her shower.
3. Get the invitation list for the shower. Order invitations. I am having a difficult time finding an invitation I like so this step has been very time consuming.
4. Pick a venue.. restaurant or at your home. We are having the shower in our back entertainment area. It is a wonderful place to host a party, remember my daughter's birthday party? Although I must have a back up plan given weather fluctuations in Tennessee.
5. Develop a menu. Buffet or sit-down luncheon. Since this shower is approximately 20 people, I opted for a sit-down luncheon. Also, girl food is so fun...
6. Decide on decorations, centerpieces, favors and any special touches you want to add.
7. Make a calender plan. This step is the most important step after the bridal meeting. Start with your date and back date from there. For Example:
- Shower is May 8th
- Flowers ordered, April 30th
- Invitations in the mail, April 8th
- Decorations, favors, and items purchased, such as table cloths, etc by April 15th
- Menu planned, March 31st
- Decide the look, table layout and what elements you need by March 15th
- Meet with the bride, March 13th