Monday, March 01, 2010

Decorating the master bedroom

Last fall when I decided to change my bedroom from this:



To this:


With my secretary:


And pretty side table:


I had no idea that I was going to be spending 10 hours of every day my bedroom this February. If I was depressed last winter from the darker colors before, can you imagine how depressed I would be this winter?

Besides, I did not know that everyone, from my best friends to the Pastor's wife would be visiting me in my bedroom... Horrors!!! Although the rest of the house is lovely, I could not manuever my walker out there in those first days past my surgery.

The bedroom is usually a place of rest for your spouse and yourself. I have always thought it should be a sanctuary but never was that idea more important then when you spend most of your day in the room.

Is your bedroom company ready?

7 comments:

  1. You know, that's a tough one! Our bedroom is really pretty. However, I'm territorial about it and would feel really strange having lots of people in there.

    It's wonderful that they are all coming by and helping you..but I feel for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we spend alot of time in our bedroom...we have a big plate glass window looking into our back yard...and hubby and I watch tv in there most of the time...plus everyone goes through to use the restroom...you have a very pretty bedroom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, yes, it is! It is one of the rooms in the house that has been recently updated. I hope you are getting around a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we have the same secretary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bedroom needs help.....BUT, I'm about to be MOVING, so the incentive to work at this one is nilch. Inspiration for new place - endless :-) Love how much brighter your room is post redo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the change in your bedroom. It is so very bright and airy. I am sure it helps you feel better. My bedroom is not large enough to "host" visitors, so I would probably have to hobble out to the living room.
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH NO! In my Bedroom? People? No....No....No.... 1-They would have to walk past the boys room. That's enough to turn a person's stomach. 2-There is no place for them to sit so they'd have to sit on the bed. Our room was cramped with a Queen bed then about 4 years ago Tom bought me a King bed for Christmas. 3-This is also my scrapbook room and I never get to it. I have an old sofa table piled high with papers/photos/etc....
    I'd probably pass out if I had to be visited in my bedroom but I usually try to take it with a smile. If they are coming to my house they probably know my children. So then they probably aren't expecting much anyway.
    And now that I think about it since my living room is a sheetrock/drywall/redo will it ever get done room. Perhaps my bedroom is the best place for them.
    I loved watching the redo of yours. So glad you did it. 10 hours in the darker room probably would have been hard.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia