Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gardening: Gearing up for spring

As March is coming to a close and April rolls in, I am working in the garden just a little every day to get ready for planting… with the knee, I have to pace myself.

IMG_6370 copy

  • Weeding
  • Rot tilling in compost
  • New mulch on walkways through the garden
  • This weekend, planting cabbage and broccoli plants.
  • Arugula is up and needs to be cut
  • Lettuce seeds getting planted.
  • Small garden fence getting set around the beds.

012 copy

I love looking at my garden last year, it motivates me!!! Soon it will look like this again, I can’t wait. What garden chores are you doing?

P.S. Today is my birthday so I am not doing a thing today but having lunch with friends and dinner with the family

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Cynthia...Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Cynthia...Happy Birthday to you!!!!! Have a great one!
    grace and peace,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Wished you one on Facebook earlier this morning, but had to come here and see your beautiful garden pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Friend!! I hope you have a wonderful day, eat cake, and feel loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday dear! Oh, and your garden is making me drool. Gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia