Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Progress Report Week #3

Yesterday, it has been three weeks since I had my a total knee replacement on my left knee, as many of you know.

As of today;

  1. I have given up my walker and walking with a cane. Who would have thought walking with a cane would be a blessing but it is.
  2. All 38 of my staples have been removed, despite the mean nurse who kept telling me to suck it up...
  3. I am able to do laundry, fix meals, clean up the kitchen and go to the grocery store. I am not able to do them for long but just being able to move around and perform normal tasks is such a blessing.
  4. I learned how to go up and down a flight of steps with my cane and have been up and down the stairs, twice.
  5. I drove to the store... with my daughter as my adult supervisor.
  6. I scheduled my right knee replacement for May 11th.
  7. I go to rehab three times a week and walk as much as I can.

I have not posted as much because I have not accomplished much... doing laundry is a huge accomplishment for me at this point.. but really how inspiring is that for you?

After 8 years of excruciating knee pain, I now know that life may return to what it was like before 2002. Prior to my osteoarthritis of the knees, I walked religiously every day for nearly three miles. And Lord knows, if I get back to normal.... watch out!!!

7 comments:

  1. Cynthia, I'm so glad to hear from you! Glad that you are recovering. You are amazing to go right into the next surgery. Imagine how much better things will be in 4 or 5 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, um, getting your laundry done is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! I am super, super impressed and love your positive attitude!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good to hear what great progress you have made!!! I know you will be out and about and soaking up spring very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you are recouperating so well. Wondering if May 11 is a wise date to have the other knee replaced. You are mortal after all.

    Susan at Charm of the Carolines

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are really coming along fast...I remember when I was a teenager a neighbor had knee surgery and it took months for him to even be able to put weight on his knee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you're doing well! And yes, sometimes just getting the laundry done is a huge accomplishment, even around here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your progress! I don't even get my laundry accomplished, and my knees are fine ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia