As of today;
- I have given up my walker and walking with a cane. Who would have thought walking with a cane would be a blessing but it is.
- All 38 of my staples have been removed, despite the mean nurse who kept telling me to suck it up...
- I am able to do laundry, fix meals, clean up the kitchen and go to the grocery store. I am not able to do them for long but just being able to move around and perform normal tasks is such a blessing.
- I learned how to go up and down a flight of steps with my cane and have been up and down the stairs, twice.
- I drove to the store... with my daughter as my adult supervisor.
- I scheduled my right knee replacement for May 11th.
- I go to rehab three times a week and walk as much as I can.
I have not posted as much because I have not accomplished much... doing laundry is a huge accomplishment for me at this point.. but really how inspiring is that for you?
After 8 years of excruciating knee pain, I now know that life may return to what it was like before 2002. Prior to my osteoarthritis of the knees, I walked religiously every day for nearly three miles. And Lord knows, if I get back to normal.... watch out!!!