Friday, April 23, 2010

A Beautiful Thing: Music

I cannot tell you how much I love to put on my headphones and play music. It makes me clean, or garden, or weed, or organize, or cook. Something about the act of listening to music energizes me and makes the world wash away.

The music I listen to also allows me to feel smart.. like listening to classical. Or young… like listening to the Go Go’s or be in love.. like listening to Michael Buble or Frank. Buble is nice to look at too...



If I want to get off my booty and work like a fiend… I listen to ABBA, Genesis or the Police. If I want to cry… I listen to Todd Rundgren.

Music transports me through time and moods.

Music creates an environment. When I have company, I try to fill the house with beautiful music. I think it makes my home look better.

What music do you listen to and why?

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Cynthia.
    I love music too! And so many choices to choose from! I really like contemporary Christian music, but I also flop around all the decades. When I am feeling nostalgic I listen to the 70's and 80's. But with two teenagers in the house, I am constantly tutored in what is new. I am young at heart so I like just about anything! Classical and smooth jazz are also favorites, just not to clean my house by. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! On Tuesday I painted my son's room. I listened to different blog music while I did that job. I love Michael Buble, James Taylor, Casting Crowns, so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! It is so true -- music can speak to any mood, change any mood, make you happy, make you sad. You name it!

    Of course, having gone to high school in the 80's I can't help but wanna rock out to some old hits of the 80's or some british invasion bands -- I love me some old alternative rock.

    I do love classical and Christian music. I love me some old Steely Dan. Swoon!

    As of late though, I find myself listening to country. I know. It's weird. Not the old honky-tonk, annoying stuff -- the modern, Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley kinda stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia