Monday, April 19, 2010

Cooking: Menu Week Ending April 25th

I am still working in the garden. Also, I bought a fabulous piece of furniture so I need to finish painting and caulking that piece, to show it too you. The bridal shower is fast approaching and I hope to finish all the things I am making for the bride this week.

Spring brings lots of weeds so every free minute will be weeding…. and weeding… and weeding.

Monday: Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas

din-chicken-quesadillas_300 Source

  • Canola Oil
  • 2 c. baby spinach
  • 2 c. leftover chicken
  • 8 flour tortillas
  • 2 c. Monterrey Jack
  • ½ c. Sour cream
  • ½ c. Fresh Salsa

Sauté spinach and leftover chicken for about 1 minute until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle bottom half of tortilla with cheese and some spinach, chicken mixture. Fold in half and working in batches, cook the tortillas in a medium heat sauté pan treated with some oil. One to three minutes per side, until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and salsa.

Tuesday: Sausage, Peppers and Rice

Wednesday: Pancakes and Fruit

Thursday: Turkey and Ham Bagel Melt

Friday: Steaks with Herb Butter, Potato Wedges with Cesar Salad

tvs7466_l

After the steak has been cooked top with a small portion of herb butter!!!

Herb Butter

    • 3 T. butter at room temperature
    • 2 T. Fresh chives
    • 1 T. Rosemary

Saturday: Spring Risotto

IMG_6474 copy

Sunday: Spinach, Pear and Walnut Salad

spinach-salad-su-1673090-l

Source

  • 6 c. of Spinach leaves
  • 4 Bosc Pears, peeled, halved and cored. Then cut the pears into thing slices
  • Blue Cheese, 2 oz. I also use Gorgonzola
  • ¾ c. of Walnut, toasted.

Dressing:

  • ¼ c. Sour Cream
  • 2 T. Mayonnaise
  • 2 T. Walnut Oil
  • 2 t. Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1 t. Worcestershire Sauce
  • Hot pepper sauce to taste
  • Black Pepper to taste

5 comments:

  1. Cynthia, great minds think alike! I have my mmenu up too. And I did a post for Foodie Friday for herbed compound butter!

    I love the sound of your quesidillas! They would be wonderfull for dinner with leftovers for lunch- yummy. Great recipes!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 11:00 at night and now I'm starving!!! Your menu looks yummy! I love to make quesidilas with leftover chicken. My daughter loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 金銀愈加磨鍊,愈加光亮,人生愈加考驗,生命愈加光輝。......................................................

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia