Thursday, April 01, 2010

Cooking: Peanut Butter Eggs

For Easter this year, I decided to make some homemade delicious peanut butter eggs.

First use 1/4 c. butter and 1/4 c. brown sugar. I doubled the recipe.

002

Melt in microwave for 30 seconds or 1 minute.

010

Once melted, add 3/4 c. of confectioner’s sugar, 1/2 c. peanut butter and 1/2 c. of finely chopped honey roasted peanuts.

006

Stir and cover with plastic wrap for 1 hour.

a012

After 1 hour, I used two spoons and shaped the dough into eggs.

027

Chill for another hour.

In a small saucepan, melt 12 oz. of bittersweet chocolate and 2 oz. of butter flavored shortening. Stirring continuously until smooth.

Carefully place the egg in the chocolate and using two forks, cover completely.

037

Place on a wire rack to set. I think parchment paper would have been better.

041

I would decorate the eggs but they were so good… they were gone before I had a chance to decorate with colored chocolate or put on a pretty plate.

Try them, they are easy and delicious.

5 comments:

  1. Yum I don't think they would last in my home long enough to decorate either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm! Can I expect some of those in my mailbox?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look sooooo yummy! Happy Easter to you and your family!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia